posted on August 10, 2010 20:14
This article outlines how to migrate your projects and settings from FinalBuilder Server 6 to Server 7. We've created a FinalBuilder project to do most of the work (download it here), but there are some manual steps:
- install Server 7
- log in to Server 7 as admin/admin
- install your Server 7 licence keys
- stop all of the Server 7 services using the FinalBuilder Server Configuration tool
- open MigrateToFBS7.fbz7 and run it
- the project takes a best guess at the defaults to use, but it will prompt you for information as needed
- please read the prompts and enter the correct information
- Open FinalBuilder 7 and convert the FinalBuilder 6 projects to FinalBuilder 7 projects, using File\Batch Project Upgrade...
- start the Server 7 services using the Configuration tool
The migration project reminds you of the manual steps you need to perform along the way.
Please let us know if you come across any problems with the migration process.