FinalBuilder Server 6 Version History
April 14th 2010 - 18.104.22.1681
- Feature - Added "Unique Log" option to projects.
- Feature - Added password prompt type to notification application.
- Feature - Added support for Ticket based authentication with Perforce.
- Feature - Added suspend project web service method.
- Bug - Added caching option to configuration data serialization to prevent memory
- Bug - Added support for not escaping characters for HTML in variables.
- Bug - Updated the configuration utilites manifest to require administrative rights.
- Bug - Fixed error caused when project file was deleted but still referenced in FinalBuilder
- Bug - Fixed 'Reset Last Trigger' not working in some circumstances.
- Bug - Fixed Daily Trigger from triggering when it's not within 5 minutes of the
trigger time after re-activating it.
- Bug - Fixed not being able to assign "Special Value" to trigger variable until after
variable is saved.
- Bug - Fixed null reference when subversion output does not contain an author node.
- Bug - Fixed suspend project button not working on either Build Log or Project History
- Bug - RSS was not updating correctly when project transition from running to completed.
November 24th 2009 - 22.214.171.1243
- Change - Added confirm overwrite to the .config file during installation.
- Change - Added option to hide log and history for anonymous users.
- Change - Added comparison time offset.
- Change - Changed Once-Off trigger to use JQuery calendar control.
- Change- Added option to overwrite or skip writable files on Get.
- Bug - Fixed null reference exception in VSS Trigger.
- Bug - Fixed null Reference Exception in Notifications when variables have null values.
- Bug - Added exit code for empty main action list error from FBCMD.
- Bug - Added default buttont ot the clone form.
- Bug - CData within Variables & Log will no longer bring down the service.
September 10th 2009
- Bug - Fixed stack overflow when terminating a process tree.
- Bug - VSS Trigger: Get Latest process was not using the specified username and password.
- Bug - StarTeam Trigger: Fixed parser issue when extra values were present on the
- BUg - Extra check to ensure that a FileSpec doesn't already contain quotes.
- Bug - VSS Trigger: Environment variables were not being applied to the get latest
- Bug - Actions which have surpress log messages were being showed in the static log.
- Bug - Configuration serialization could write out empty files.
- Bug - Memo variable type field wouldn't accept new lines in notification application.
- Bug - Fixed null refernce exception in TemplateEdit page.
- Bug - Email validation would fail on some valid addresses.
- Feature - VSS Trigger: Add French locale support.
- Feature - Added new status form to notification application.
- Feature - Added option to control whether notification is shown for success, failures,
- Feature - Added support for web servers that don't have anonymous access enabled.
- Feature - Full date is shown on queue page when project has been queued more then
May 8th 2009 126.96.36.1990
- [Feature] Added SVN+SSH as a connection type to Subversion Trigger.
- [Change] Project File drop down list now truncates files which are too long to be
displayed in the control.
- [Bug] Fixed possible threading issue when web application starting.
- [Bug] Fixed spelling mistake on licensing message.
- [Bug] No message was being displayed when Flash was not available on the machine.
March 25th 2009 188.8.131.521
- [Feature] - Added new CheckBoxList variable prompt type.
- [Change] - Visual indicator to the "except" word on time trigger.
- [Change] - Time trigger's auto description has been improved.
- [Change] - Version control triggers can not be set with a TimeOut.
- [Bug] - Fixed VSS parsing bugs.
- [Bug] - Fixed cloning issue with triggers.
- [Bug] - AlienBrain trigger did not allow the path to be specified.
- [Bug] - AlienBrain trigger did not correctly save passwords.
- [Bug] - Time trigger interval bug introduced in last official build has been fixed.
- [Bug] - Data files were not always being saved when service was shut down.
- [Bug] - Actions output was not being escaped when used as Failure Reason.
January 21st 2009 184.108.40.2067
- [Feature] New Project Completion Trigger - Allows builds to be triggered on the
completion of another build.
- [Feature] Build Overview Page - Provided an overview of the build including changed
VCS files, variables, etc.
- [Feature] VSS Trigger - Support has been added for German locale.
- [Feature] New Queued Project Filter - Allows a build to be filtered when its currently
- [Feature] New 'Password' variable prompt type.
- [Feature] New AlienBrain trigger.
- [Feature] New 'Custom Build Message' which can be set from the build script and
is displayed on the overview page.
- [Feature] Builds can now be queued while they are running.
- [Change] File Trigger's support for monitoring file(s) over a network connection
has been improved.
- [Change] The full Date/Time is now displayed in the application log.
- [Change] The formatting of the trigger output has been improved.
- [Change] When a check for updates fails a warning is logged to the application log
rather then an error.
- [Change] Accurev Trigger will now trigger on promotes.
- [Change] Accurev Trigger now allows the host to be specified.
- [Change] Improved the Time trigger's logic when the build service has been restarted.
- [Change] VSS Trigger now supports 'shared' repository changes.
- [Change] VSS Trigger's locale can now be manually specified.
- [Change] The administration page is now visible to standard user's (though limited).
- [Change] The active directory user selection form is now a textbox to allow more
then 1000 users.
- [Change] Added warning when trying to set Persistent variables.
- [Change] StartProjectWithVariables is now documented in the help file.
- [Bug] Fixed timing issue when two people are editing notifications for the same
- [Bug] A non-accessible project file would cause the build service to crash.
- [Bug] Prevents errors when the authentication is no longer valid.
- [Bug] Some trigger auto-descriptions were not being updated correctly.
- [Bug] File Trigger would trigger even though no files had actually changed.
- [Bug] When custom build messages started with 'ERROR' an exception would be raised.
- [Bug] A better error message is now displayed when the FinalBuilder trial has expired.
- [Bug] The example domain user on the 'Edit Project' page was incorrect.
- [Bug] Project filenames greater than 128 would cause nexus errors.
- [Bug] Error would occur when the Windows Event Log was full and the build service
encounters an error.
- [Bug] Incorrect date would be specified to the perforce executable under certain
- [Bug] Project variable value was not updating correctly when a trigger has been
added to a project.
- [Bug] Non-public projects were not showing up in the RSS feed.
- [Bug] Fixed invalid date specified within the RSS feed.
- [Bug] Under some circumstances the user could lock themselves out of FinalBuilder
- [Bug] Fixed UI bug when prompting for a value and the default value is long.
- [Bug] Error could occur when multiple user's are editing the same notification.
- [Bug] Perforce Trigger - Validation would fail when using a FQDN with a dash in
- [Bug] The Collapse/Expand buttons on the log page no longer contain the raw HTML
as the tooltip.
July 28th 2008 220.127.116.117
- [Change] Performance improvements when dealing with a large number of projects.
- [Change] Project start prompt is now only shown when necessary.
- [Change] Project variables can be assigned special values (Build ID, Started By,
- [Change] New continuous integration triggers (StarTeam, Accurev).
- [Change] New system tray notification application for FinalBuilder Server.
- [Change] 'If Project is Running' condition now allows the current project to be
- [Bug] Removing all permissions from a role would cause the management service to
fail to start.
- [Bug] Certain characters in the build log would cause an error.
- [Bug] Occasionally an 'Access is denied' message would be shown when attempting
to start a project.
- [Bug] The error displayed when FinalBuilder was missing on the system was not correct.
- [Bug] User would receive a UserNotAuthorized error when viewing the global templates
when they did not have the 'Edit' permission.
- [Bug] Projects that started with a digit would not run in FinalBuilder Server.
- [Bug] The Visual SourceSafe trigger would occasionally fail when connected to a
- [Bug] Projects that started with a digit would not run in FinalBuilder Server.
- [Bug] Disabled active directories were allowed to be added, but then could not login.
- [Bug] Management service would fail to start on Windows 2000.
- [Bug] Invalid build ID parameter on the build log page would cause an unhandled
- [Bug] Fixed AccessViolation/OutOfMemory exceptions when running on Windows XP 64-bit.
April 14th 2008 18.104.22.1686
- [Bug] TFS Trigger incompatibility with Team Explorer 2008
- [Bug] TFS Trigger would sometimes trigger multiple times for a single change
April 10th 2008 22.214.171.1247
- [Bug] Uploading a project which differed only by case caused a duplicate entry for
that project file.
- [Bug] If you had specified a value for a variable and then changed the variable
to be a macro variable, the Edit Variable page would fail to load for that variable.
- [Bug] If no mail configuration has been entered and you have enabled the 'Build
Edited' notification, trying to save the project would cause an error.
- [Bug] Checking for updates would fail if a proxy server is required to connect to
- [Bug] The Subversion Trigger was not properly quoting passwords.
- [Bug] You could not start a project that had a '.' in the project files filename.
- [Bug] The management server would fail to start if you had a role without a description.
- [Bug] The project name was not being escaped properly on some links.
- [Change] The project groups drop down list on the project edit page is now sorted.
- [Change] The project group filter now includes a 'No Group' option.
- [Change] Project triggers now include an option to remove all pending builds (for
the same project) from the build queue.
- [Change] The File Trigger can now monitor a file spec recursively.
- [Change] The Run Process Trigger now supports negative return values (range operator
changed from '-' to '->').
April 4th 2008 126.96.36.1993