Intermittent issue with Event Handlers

1. Continua version number and edition: 
eg. v1.8.0.139 64 bit

2. Operating system for Continua and agents:

eg. Windows 7 SP2 (Continua Server), Windows 7 Professional 64 bit (1 additional agent)   

3. Database platform:

eg. bundled PostgreSQL

4. How much CPU / RAM / Diskspace do you have free on the Continua server, agents, and database:  
eg. 80% free cpu, 50% free RAM (10gig), 15% free hard disk (95 gig)  

5. A detailed description of the issue: 
- Every often one or more event handler which updates GitHub Status fails with the following error message:

An error occurred while running handler ‘Update GitHub Status - Unit Tests’ for build event ‘On Before Stage Start’. Message: Exception: UriFormatException Message: Invalid URI: The URI scheme is not valid. Stack Trace: at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind) at Continua.Modules.Builds.EventHandlers.PlugIns.GitHubStatusBuildEventHandlerPlugIn.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.b__1(IRepositoryInfo r) at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereListIterator1.MoveNext() at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault&#91;TSource&#93;(IEnumerable1 source) at Continua.Modules.Builds.EventHandlers.PlugIns.GitHubStatusBuildEventHandlerPlugIn.Execute(IBuildEventHandlerExecutionContext context, String[] commentLines, GitHubStatus status, Int32 buildId) at Continua.Modules.Builds.EventHandlers.PlugIns.GitHubStatusBuildEventHandlerPlugIn.Execute(IBuildEventHandlerExecutionContext context, IBuildEventType buildEventType) at Continua.Modules.Builds.EventHandlers.Entities.BuildEventHandler.Execute(IBuildEventHandlerExecutionContext context, IBuildEventType buildEventType)

Since we are using GitHub’s status checks this is a problem for us since we can’t rely on Continua not updating our builds.

Thanks a lot!

The problem seems to occur 3 out of 10 times.

Thanks in advance

GitHub Status Event Handler config:

GitHub Status Event Handler config:

http://d.pr/i/EKJU

Hi Luis,

Thank you for the report. Does the configuration have other repositories with an invalid url in the Repository Url field? We think this is happening while matching repositories and we have now updated the error checking in this part of the code. We will hopefully get an updated version out tomorrow once we’ve finished looking at some other issues.

Hi Dave, I’ve checked every configuration’s event handlers and it seems that everyone has the correct (and default) URL: https://api.github.com

Thanks

Hi Luis,

It’s a Repository Url in the repository settings rather than the Git Hub Url that is triggering the error. We check through each repository associated with the configuration to find a match with the list of repository names in the Repositories field. It appears that one these has an invalid url and we are throwing an error rather than ignoring it. We’re working on a new version which will fix this.

Hi Dave, thanks, I looked and one of the repositories had a SSH “URL”. I will change it and report any issues.

Thanks!

This is now fixed in version 1.8.0.148

Thanks a lot Dave