X64 Write To HKLM (with Privilege)

Hello VSoft,

I suspect that I have found a potential bug.

From an X64 System, when I write to the HKLM registry from a 32bit app, the OS redirects the entry to HKLM\Wow6432Node<entry>

However when I run an Automiose project to do this (in Run as Admin mode), it sucessfully saves the required entry by redirection to the HKLM\Wow6432Node<whatever> key, but at the same time reports an error that the key does not exist. But it does, albeit redirected.

See the attachment for an example.

regards

SeaCayTestAdmin.zip (1.975 KB)

Hi Colin,

Which version of Automise are you running? I wasn’t able to reproduce it here with the latest version:

URL: https://www.finalbuilder.com/downloads/automise/Trial/AutomiseEvalSetup.exe

Regards,
Paul.

Hello Paul

Automise 3.0.0.758

Did you check the valus in the catch Action “Save Errors In Variable”?

I am unsure as to why you showed me the link to the trial version of Automise?

regrds

SeaCay

Hi Colin,

> Did you check the valus in the catch Action “Save Errors In Variable”?

Your example project ran successfully here, so no errors were written to the the variable in the catch action. Could you send in the exact log output from the action and also let us know which version of Windows you are running?

> I am unsure as to why you showed me the link to the trial version of Automise?

It was the link to the latest build of Automise in case you were running an older build (which you’re not), apologies for the confusion with the file name.

Regards,
Paul.

Hello Paul,

After a reboot, I am unable to reproduce the problem myself. My apologies for raising this issue unnecessarily.

regards

SeaCay