What exactly does "Exit Loop" do?

I cannot find any Help docs on the “Exit Loop” action.  I am trying to use it in a CSV File iterator, where if the right number of rows is found (I am looking for three particular rows in the file, and incrementing a counter whenever one of the rows is found), the iterator will stop so that it does not waste time going through the rest of the file.  I set up an If/Then to do an Exit Loop action when the counter reaches 3, but when I run the project I get an error after the Exit Loop action runs: 

Failed to open source file Invalid procedure call or argument
The Iterator could not be initialised.

So, apparently the Exit Loop is not actually exiting the iterator gracefully.  What should I do to make sure that the iterator does not go through the rest of the file?

Thanks,

Jonathan

There may have been some user error here, but I have avoided the use of the Exit Loop entirely (at a cost of performance) until I know exactly what it is doing.

Hi Jonathan,

Your description of what the exit loop action is meant to achieve is correct. Placing it as the child of a loop action (or in your case as the child, of a child of the loop action) will mean that it will exit the loop when called.

From the error that your getting is sounds to me like something isn’t quite right with the installation. I have tested this all under v7.0.0.3202. Please let me know if a re-installation sets things right.

Note that a re-installation can occur over the top of the current installation. It won’t reset any configuration options which are in place, however will make sure all binaries are installed in their correct locations and updated as required.