WGET path is not retained

A project was created that downloads WGET.exe to a directory.

The path has been set in the IDE (tools\options\ path to wget.exe)

Everything works fine when I run the project on my system.

When I run the program on another system, however, the program terminates with the following log entry:

[WGet Download]
No path to the executable has been provided.

I’m guessing the is a bug, but I suppose it is possible that I need to set this path somewhere in the project itself (although I couldn’t for the life of me figure out where).

Jason

Hi Jason

The path to tools is typically a machine specific value. For example the location of wget might be different on my pc to where it is on yours. The tools\options values are not stored in the project file, they are stored in an ini file on the machine.

Thanks Vincent, I’ve been racking my brains over this. So I simply need to add/modify an entry via script prior to running WGET. I would love to see this documented when you go to Tools\Options, as it is not clear what to do.

Jason

I maintain a large number of machines over a wide variety of networks. I’ve gotten used to testing to make sure that the wget.exe is where it should be and if not, pull it down with the automise HTTP Get function.

Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean your users won’t delete your tools for you!

Cheers!