Welcome Page after update

Hello,

i have updated continua ci to the latest version (1.9.2.688).
The update was running without any problems. The same with the installation Agend.

The problem is now, that i can not login.
I am always redirected to the Installation page: “Before you can use Continua, you will need to create a new Administrator …”

When i key in my existing user account i get the error .“The user name nesh has already been used”

This makes sense, but also when i am creating a new user account i am always redirected back to the installation page.

How can i resolve this without loosing all my projects and configurations?

Thank you so much for helping me out.

Hi @NajemAzdufal,

It is unusual for this to happen after an upgrade. Can you provide some more details on how you upgraded? Which version of Continua CI did you upgrade from? Did you choose to keep the existing settings or update them when running the installer? Which authentication type are you using: LDAP, Forms or Mixed?

If you are using LDAP or Mixed authentication, then I suspect that the Administrators Group has been changed. Can you check the server configuration file, normally at C:\Program Files\VSoft Technologies\ContinuaCI\Server\Continua.Server.Service.exe.config?

Look for the authentication node which should look something like this: <authentication mode="LDAP" fqdn="department.company.com" administratorsGroup="Continua Administrators" groupsContainer=""/>. Check that value for the administratorsGroup is the name of an existing Active Directory group and that you are a member of the group?

There should be a backup of the previous version of the file named Continua.Server.Service.exe.config.bak in the same folder which you can use to compare.

Hello and thank you for you answer.

I have restored to my previous version, updated again and now it is working fine as expected.
Maybe the was something wrong during the installation.

But thank you again for you quick answer.

Nesh

Great that it’s working now. Perhaps you can share what had changed in the configuration file and the answers to the other questions so that we can understand what went wrong, and maybe make changes to prevent this from happening again?

Hello,

yes of course. Here are the answers to your questions:

Which version of Continua CI did you upgrade from?
I have updated from 1.9.0.300
i know, very old but never touch a running system :slight_smile:
We “only” have updated because of your azure integrations

Did you choose to keep the existing settings or update them when running the installer?
My first try was to keep the existing settings.
After that i reinstalled (without restoring to old version) wit the option “change settings” but in fact i did not change anything, i just reviewed…
After restoring back to old version, i chooses again “keep settings”.

Which authentication type are you using: LDAP, Forms or Mixed?
“Foms”.

When you need more Informations or you have more question , don’t hesitate to contact me again…

Nesh

1 Like

Thanks for the information @NajemAzdufal. Unfortunately, we are still no closer to identifying what happened. Hopefully, this was a one-off issue.