V4 Project corrupted after using in V5

Hello VSoft Support,

I run a simple V4 project in V5. The project failed due to a hardware item not being available. To fix this issue, I needed to re-boot. After re-booting I loaded V5 and then attempted to open my project.
At this point a dialog box popped up and read:

Unable to load project
Error: Error loading project : Incomplete Zip File.

I tried to load the project in V4 but got the same response.
It worries me that a project that previously worked fine (view, edit and run) in V4 but is corrupted in V5. Rendering it unworkable in either version.
Please can you tell me what is going on and how can I recover my .atz4 file? Is V5 safe to use on other project?

regards

SeaCay

Please send us the original v4 file and the update v5 file to support@finalbuilder.com. This should not occur and we have gone to great lengths to make sure that upgrade paths work for all versions. Therefore any issue that is occurring is something we would like to fix ASAP.

Hello Jason,

Thank you for your reply.

There is no V5 File.

The only V4 file is a .atz4 file - do you want that? I had an .atp4 file for the project but this vanished during the re-boot process. Incidentally as a compressed file, this atz4 is humanly readable.

regards

SeaCay

Hi SeaCay

An atz4 file is actully a zip file with a project.atp4 file inside it. However if it’s humanly readable, then my guess is it’s been renamed. Try changing the extension to .atp4 and see if it will load in Automise 4 or 5.