Upgrade Resulted in Inifinte Redirect to /Install

Hello,

I’m stuck in a bit of a conundrum currently. I recently upgraded my ContinuaCI instance from v 1.9.2.1140 to 1.9.2.1199. After the upgrade, everything seemed to work out okay. However, after a day or so, my install is now seemingly stuck in an infinite redirect loop where it just points me to localhost/Install and wants me to set up a new Administrator account.

I tried doing so, and the only thing it appears to do is log me in to that newly created account, but I still get directed to /Install. Any ideas on how to fix?

Hi @reylocsoft

Do you have the same issue if you log in using a different web browser? If not try deleting the cookies associated with the Continua site.

Which [authentication mode] are you using? Check that the authentication node in server configuration file hasn’t changed and still contains the correct details for your server.

Otherwise, we would need to look at a debug log to diagnose this issue. Please can you enable server debug logging in the server configuration file, and also for the website in the web.config file, then restart the Continua CI Server service. See [Debug Logging - Continua CI - VSoft Technologies Documentation Wiki] for further information on how to enable debug logging. Once you have reproduced the issue, send the debug log file to me via direct message here or via email to support at finalbuilder.com.

My build service was a fairly critical component that I needed to address immediately. I apologize that I won’t be able to get any debug logging for you, as I have restored my build server to a prior backup and the software is operating like normal.

I appreciate your response and will keep this information at the forefront of my mind if I encounter this issue again.

To answer some of your questions though - this occurred regardless of browser, even after deleting the entire cache (Developer Tools → Empty Cache and Hard Reload on Chrome) as well as going through the normal means of deleting cache and history: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData and removing everything from all time.

The authentication mode was forms authentication and I did verify that both the authentication method, as well as all the keys and configuration were identical to a prior backup.

Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce this issue and there’s no changes in the authentication code between v1.9.2.1140 and v1.9.2.1199. So we’ll leave this issue hanging for now.