Unit test support for MSTest

Hi,

Continua appears to have pretty good support for unit test frameworks, but apparently lacks support for MSTest provided with Visual Studio, despite that being supported in FinalBuilder.

Some related questions:
* Can we get support for MSTest to Continua?

* Would it be possible to add support for static analysis tools to Continua?

* Could there be an interface to the results displaying infrastructure to allow other data be shown as well? Something like the Set Metrics -action with FinalBuilder Server?

Hi Olli

MSTest support is on the todo list… I’ll talk to Vinnie about it tomorrow as he is currently doing some work in that area.

Which static analysis tools did you have in mind?

Can you explain more about what you have in mind for the metrics? I’m currently working on a Metrics page for configurations and builds that will graph the data we collect.

We do also plan to have a reports tab and provide a means for users to configure what is displayed there(but that won’t be in the initial release). I’m certainly open to suggestions. At the moment we are working towards a release candidate, so most of the work that is going on is just tidying up, code reviews etc. Once the initial release is out we have a long list of features to get through, and we plan to pump out frequent releases as we add the features.

Posted By Vincent Parrett on 30 Aug 2012 06:08 AM

Which static analysis tools did you have in mind?

At least FxCop, CodeHealer and PascalAnalyzer are in user for us.

Can you explain more about what you have in mind for the metrics? I'm currently working on a Metrics page for configurations and builds that will graph the data we collect.

We have some non-build -projects taking advantage of the FB/FBS infrastructure. For some of these we have "misused" the metrics facility of FBS by inputting other data to the metrics graphs using the Set Metrics -action. It would be nice if Continua would offer some mechanism  to be able to input data somehow from any arbitrary tool (perhaps via documented XML format to which the output must be processed) to the Continua unit testing result facility.

About MSTest… I’m writing an action for it now

Posted By Vinnie Rizza on 31 Aug 2012 01:08 AM
About MSTest... I'm writing an action for it now