Stamping PDF documents error - EAccessViolation

What I need to do is simple, iterate through a list and stamp a PDF document with information from the iterator. So basically it’s just two actions in automise, iterator and PDF stamp.

I was testing this for our project and it seemed to be working fine for a week or so. Now however I am consistently getting EAccessViolation errors, details of the dump below. Sometimes it will run a few, maybe even a couple dozen before crashing. Many times however it crashes in the first one.

I have tried running on another PC using the Runner only, and same results. Note: I did try this at home on my Vista box and it runs 1,000 iterations consistently everytime. My PCs at work at both XP. I don’t think it has anything to do with other software installed because it was running for a while and still sometimes runs.

I tried putting retries on the stamp action, even with long delays in between retries, didn’t help. I also tried just stamping and editing the existing document (instead of making a new one) and added a new filecopy action before the stamp, same problems.

Last note: I thought maybe it was because I was running ver 2x of Automise, so I just bought the latest this morning. Same problem though in 3x.

I have attached a sample csv list for the iterator and the base PDF document, as well as the Automise 3 project. You will need to change the paths of course, but should have everything to replicate what I am doing here.

Edit : Stack trace removed… please don’t post stack traces on the forums.HRHITest.zip (342.282 KB)

Hi Jay

I’m able to reproduce this here. It looks like a bug with the pdf library we use, I’ll contact them to see if they have a fix.

Hi Jay

Well the library update seems to have fixed this issue, I was able run your project here successfully. This build includes the fix :

http://www.automise.com/downloads/automise/300/AT300_788.exe

I just downloaded the fix and it appears to work here too! Thanks for the support!

Jay

Excellent, I had to take a new major version of the pdf libraries to get the fix, wasn’t too onerous but I’m always nervous with that sort of thing as you never know what else it will break.