Some missing EC2 regions?

Hi - I can create AWS server images fine in eu-west-1 (Dublin), but it’s not working for eu-west-2 (London). I note I can type in a new region even though it’s not listed in the drop-down, but no joy.

Am I being dim, or do I need to wait for you to add London to the list?

Thanks
Richard

Hi Richard

Thanks for the report. The number of regions available has expanded since we added the actions, I guess we need to keep a closer eye on this. Their api’s etc don’t have an easy/fast way of getting the regions (and associated endpoints), so we had to hard code them in. I have updated the regions/endpoints to include all those listed on the AWS site now :

http://downloads.finalbuilder.com/downloads/finalbuilder/800/FB800_2373.exe

Thanks very much Vincent - this EC2 Image creation capability has taken a very tedious 15-20 minute task and made it < 30 seconds.

Would love the ability to also copy Images - having made them, we then make copies to another region as a backup.

Sorry Vincent, I’m still “Access Denied” on my server in London.

When I select “eu-west-2” the label alongside says “EU (Ireland)”, when actually it should be EU (London). That might just be a GUI error, of course. My script still runs fine on all Dublin instances in eu-west-1, though they all now say “EU (Frankfurt)” next to them.

Looks like I forgot to save after making the final change! Grrr. Please try this build :

http://downloads.finalbuilder.com/downloads/finalbuilder/800/FB800_2374.exe

I’m currently locked out of my aws account so can’t test this at the moment (and it’s past midnight), hopefully I will have access tomorrow and can test this.

Labels now all matching correctly, but still getting access denied on the London instance.

No rush on this for me, I’m now away for 2 weeks, will leave it with you, many thanks.

Richard

Access denied may be an issue with permissions on your access token? I’ll put some debug output on the action so we can see what it’s sending to aws (it uses the rest api).