Simple Web Service Interaction

I know i posted about this during the AT4 beta (and now the original topic isn't accessible - "Web Service / x64 Issue?"), I seem to recall someone there mentioning they will add an option into the web service actions to allow manual control over parameters and results...

I know you can enter params manually (at least with my limited experience of getting the WS action to work), but things link the WS iterator can't handle nested, complex types, so at the very least there should be an option to capture the full response from a WS call and manually access/iterate over the resulting XML...

Thanks, TJ

* bump * 

Any idea when we might see any generic/manual web service actions - or a web service iterator/action that handles "complex" types? I still need to interact with a simple WSDL web service, but as it returns XML in nested tags Automise can't handle it. All I need is an option to provide and retrieve the XML body manually...

Thanks, TJ

• bump again *

These forums look mighty quiet and there hasn’t been an update for Automise in quite a while - is Automise still being developed? I certainly hope so as its a fantastic product, I love the little fella…

PS. I still want to be able to handle the raw XML from web services!!! Please!!

TJ

Hi TJ

Automise is still being developed, it just hasn’t gotten much market traction so there’s not a lot of activity in this forum. We dd push out an update to AT4 a few days ago with some bug fixes. We are working on AT5, hopefully we will find a way to handle nested tags and to expose the raw xml. If you have an example service we can call where this is happening that would make it easier for us to look at (if it’s private, feel free to email support with the details rather than post here) .

You guys just need to market the product better - get it into the hands of sys admins! As for a web service sample, I’ll send the details to support shortly…

Thanks, TJ