Shelved unit tests marked as failed

I am using the MSTest action to import *.trx files generated from MSTest and Google Test Adapter. The report generation is fine. Likewise the ci displays the results correctly.

Due to an environment problem, we had 200 tests shelved, pending a solution. On the next run, Ci still flags the Import MSTest action as failed. There are no ‘new failures’. The MSTest action should report passed.

Hi Luke,

We’ve just tested shelving some MSTest unit tests using the latest version of Continua CI and the build passed with the tests marked as shelved and ignored as expected.

Which version of Continua CI are you running? How did you shelve the tests, by test, fixture or namespace, and did you apply the shelving to the configuration or project? Is there a number under Shelved on the Unit Tests tab of the build view as shown below? If you click on the number, are the unit tests listed?

As we are unable to reproduce, we would need further details to investigate. With the latest version of Continua CI installed, could you enable debug logging, restart the Continua CI Server service, ensure that all failed tests are marked as shelved on the Unit Tests tab of the build view and then run the build again?
Send the log file to me as a direct message (or alternatively to support@finalbuilder.com).

Additionally let us know which values and options you have specified in the MSTest action? Could you also send a copy of the trx file as this may be relevant?

I have sent you a few attachments:

Details panel screen shot
Log panel screen shot
Unit Test Panel
Details action log for ci stages
Test report with failing test (We have many test assemblies).

The only other piece of information I can imagine is useful – Some test methods are tagged with the method test attribute [Ignore] in C#. Now these were originally shown as ‘New Failures’ in the ci agent before being shelved. These were shelved as part of the original tests that resulted in this ticket creation.

We cannot upgrade for complicated reasons, so any solution on our version would be great.

Thanks for the help in advance!

What version are you running? Version 1.8.1.272 includes a relevant fix

• Update: Shelving is now taken into account when using unit test actions which import from a file e.g. Import JUnit Tests, Import MSTest Tests, Import NUnit Tests and Import XUnit Tests.

There’s not really any way we can fix your issue if you are not able to upgrade to a patched version.

Sorry buddy, cut and didn’t paste:

final builder version: 7.0.0.3254
Ci version: Continua 1.8.1.58

We cannot upgrade to a higher version but we can apply a patch to our current version.

These versions are all patches with bug fixes to your current version - choose a version that is at least v1.8.1.272

Fantastic, I will discuss this with the team and keep you updated.

Thanks for the help.