Set Continua variable capitalizes first letter of value when setting the variable

I have a FinalBuilder script that sets a variable to “true”. Then uses this variable in a “Continua CI - Set Variable” action. The value set here is “True” instead of “true” according to the build log. Since Continua’s condition checking for stage gates is case sensitive with no option for making it case insensitive, this cause the stage gate conditions to be evaluated wrong.

I can work around it, obviously, but I was curious why that happens…

FinalBuilder 8.0.0.2116

__40457__0__buildlog.jpg

__40457__0__Finalbuilder.jpg

Hi Miruna,

From the looks of your script it would appear the FinalBuilder variable in question is a boolean variable. This variable type attempts to convert a value it set to, to one of the two values it can be “True” or “False”. This allows you to set a boolean variable using a integer or text, as you have done with setting it to “true”. So the setting of the Continua CI variable is using this converted value.

You can avoid this conversion by making the variable simply a text value, and you will get the lowercase value you set preserved. Setting the stage gate to the titlecase value will also work.

The variable is defined as “text” in Continua. It’s “variant” in FinalBuilder.

FinalBuilder Variant variables will also attempt to convert the variable to boolean before text for the purposes of condition tests. I suggest changing the variable in FinalBuilder to text, this should keep the case that is needed for Continua. The other option as mentioned is to change the case of the test used in Continua.