Selective File Copy with IniFile Iterator and FileSet

Hi there in Canberra.

I have a build process for a bigger software project with FB and after a successful build I do a selective deployment of the results with FB IniFile Iterator and FileSet. This give us the possibility to ignore projects on deploying the results. Now I want to copy the results even more selective to save time and storage. But it is not running.

A file structure may be like the following.

±---- Sln1
±---- Assemblies
±---- AnyCPU
±---- x64
±---- x86

±---- Sln2
±---- Assemblies
±---- AnyCPU
±---- x64
±---- x86

±---- Sln3
±---- Assemblies
±---- AnyCPU

±---- Sln4
±---- Assemblies

±----

The deployment iterates from Sln1 to Sln4 with a FileSet Define and a FileSet Copy to deploy the results of a single solution at every step.

I don’t want to copy *.PDB files, Assemblies and AnyCPU of Sln1 + Sln2 and Assemblies of Sln3. All remaining files should be copied.

The base directory is . In the FileSet Define I tried first exclude patterns like “…\Sln1\Assemblies”. Then I changed it to “…\Sln1\Assemblies” and to “\Sln1\Assemblies”. But no files are excluded.

Is it possible at all to do a file copy this way with the FB board instruments? Where can I find an example about such functionality?

Regards,
Thomas from Hamburg.

Hi,
the editor swallows some text. Here is the structure again.

[ResultDir]

±---- Sln1
…±---- Assemblies
…±---- AnyCPU
…±---- x64
…±---- x86

±---- Sln2
…±---- Assemblies
…±---- AnyCPU
…±---- x64
…±---- x86

±---- Sln3
…±---- Assemblies
…±---- AnyCPU

±---- Sln4
…±---- Assemblies

±---- [more possible]

The exclude patterns are relative to the base folder. To exclude a folder, include a trailing \

https://wiki.finalbuilder.com/display/FB8/FileSet+Patterns