Script actions alters project file

Hi!

I’m using action scripts quite a lot to further customize and simplify FinalBuilder projects (latest version of FinalBuilder 8), e.g. to conditionally set action properties.

When I run a project and action properties are changed dynamically due to some conditions, I don’t expect the actual project file to be changed (and saved!) too. This would tamper with the change tracking (e.g. git). But as I noticed with the “Copy Files” action, when “TargetIsDir” is set in the BeforeAction script, the project file is changed. E.g. setting “Recurse” has no affect on the project file. As a workaround, I set the properties to my default values in the AfterAction, but this should be only a temporary solution.

Greetings,
Chris

Hi Chris

This is as designed. The project file should only change though if you save it. We only keep one object graph in memory, so when you run the project it’s the same object graph as the one used at design time. We did experiment with having separate designtime/runtime object graphs, however this proved to expensive memory wise.