Scheduled task fails return code 3

Hi,

Since upgrading to 4.0.0.585 I am seeing a scheduled job (that has run successfully for months) fail with return code 3.  The same command line as used in the job works when run directly but the job fails both when run on a schedule and on demand.
I have tried deleting and recreating the job, and checked permissions.
What does return code 3 mean?

Hi Mr Rimmer,

An error code of 3 means “Project file not found.”. This error code and others which Automise produces, are listed in the Automise Help file.

That’s what I thought but it doesn’t make any sense as I can copy-and-paste the action part of the scheduled task into a command prompt and run it successfully.

C:>“C:\Program Files (x86)\Automise 4\ATCMD.exe” /o "D:\Products\Automise\FTP Sync\FTP Sync.atz4"

Automise 4 - Copyright © 2011 VSoft Technologies Pty Ltd
 Version: 4.0.0.585

http://www.automise.com/

Registered to : Lance French

Single Named Licence

Serial No : AT400-0001-000126

Waiting for other Automise instances to close…

Project File: D:\Products\Automise\FTP Sync\FTP Sync.atz4

Run Started: 04/03/2014 09:39:50

Hi Mr Rimmer,

The message in the log is that another Automise Instance is running the project and its awaiting that instance to close down before starting its run. I have seen this in scheduling previously when the script took more time than the schedule allowed. In this case it seems the schedule is every day. Does the script take more than a day to run? Or is the script used in another scheduled task during the times of 23:00 and 9:30 the next morning?

Happy to help narrow down the cause of the delays in the script. Feel free to send the log of a run to support for me to review.

Hi,
There are no other scheduled tasks on the server, apart from the ones that are visible in the screen grab.  I ran the scheduled task manually, got the return code then ran the action of that scheduled task on the command line by using copy and paste, which is the text you see above.
Also, I checked that there were no other copies of ATCMD.exe or the Automise IDE running before performing this test.
Not sure what other logs I can show you, as the rest of the run log is not relevant and the scheduled task history shows no errors, just that the executable was run and returned almost immediately.

Hi Jason, sorry for wasting your time looks like a permissions issue, even though I had the job running as a domain admin (to remove permission problems!).

Hi Mr Rimmer,

Great to hear the issues is solved. Permissions and Windows are always a gotcha. No matter how much we think we have it groked, it always throws up a new interesting twist (or an old one we forgot about).