Retagging in Git Repository

When delete an recreate a tag in a Git repository, continua sets this repository to error state and writes an error message like this:

Repository

Cannot get changes for repository @link(2002, 822fafa8-b9b5-44bd-9fe3-1fb3710a59dd)[TTP-code-siemens-com]: Running ‘C:\Program Files\Git\cmd\git.exe’ with arguments “-c credential.helper= -c credential.helper=”!"D:\Programme\VSoft Technologies\ContinuaCI\Server\Continua.Git.CredentialsHelper.exe" --key 5782c043b3e81b25 --workdir "D:\Continua\Rc\822fafa8"" fetch --prune --all --dry-run" failed with return code 1 and error output: "Fetching origin

From Sign in to your account
! [rejected] P_TTP_02.05.00_RC04 → P_TTP_02.05.00_RC04 (would clobber existing tag)
error: Could not fetch origin
"
When I reset the repository in continua, it changes back to green but when I start a build of the changed tag, continua still builds the old version.

I even logged in on the continua server and tried to delete the tag in the repository manually with the git command shell but no effect.

How can I get Continua to read the latest tags from git and forget the changed tags?

Hi Marc,

Thanks for reporting this. A similar issue was reported recently and we made a change to fix it. After a quick look at the code, I can see that there are two places where a git fetch could error due to a recreated tag. We will work on a fix for this tomorrow morning.

Meanwhile, resetting the repository on the Repositories page in the administration section should get you past the error.