Request Resizable Windows with Edit Boxes that Stretch

Fixed window widths in many of your Actions windows means that the edit boxes are also fixed widths. Often, my text value entry is much wider than the edit boxes. This UI design, in my opinion, makes these FinalBuilder windows feel amateurish and restricting.

If you allow for resizing the window and lengthen the edit boxes with the resize, then that would solve this UI problem and make FinalBuilder nearly perfect. Also, if you implement this design, then I recommend that you save the window widths for use next time they are displayed.

Agreed, and it’s something I’ve wanted to do for a while but never found the time.

There are over a 1000 action property pages to update, and it really needs to be all or none so it’s a big task, and something more pressing always ends up pushing the task down the list.

I had no idea you had to deal with over a 1000 action pages. Knowing that, I would make the same choice. Or I might seek to delegate the task to a trusted programmer under my guidance - if it was affordable. However, please know that I can work just fine with the pages the way they are.

FinalBuilder has made my development life many times easier and our releases much more stable. I no longer dread a new build being distributed to the web. I can now even build multiple times a day. I would have never dreamed of doing that before FinalBuilder.

I’ve been thinking about this for years. I have long commands that I first add to “set variable” action in multi line box, and then use that variable in a small box in the next action. So, I can better see the command but not in the same action where it is used

Long-time dreamer of the same thing, I would suggest, to do this to actions like Copy File, Delete File, Robocopy, Move File, etc. Then it would be a pattern - file actions, where you need to see the entire path, how have the resize-ability.