REGEX Result in Variable

Hello Automise Team and other !

I’m looking for a way to stock the result of “Text Find / Replace action” with Regex in a variable.
For exemple, i try to find this in one file :
([^\r\n]example[^\r\n])

This Regex will find the first line which contain : example. I try in Notepad++ and with the action Text Find / Replace and it’s ok. Automise find the line.

But after, i have no idea how can i stock the result in a variable. I try to make a mix with actions “Read Text File”, Text Find / Replace", or to stock in variable all my text file to try anything with Variable action. Unfortunately, it isn’t a succes.

Version Automise : 5.0.0.970

Regards,

Pierrick

You would have to use the script events to achieve this - I have attached and example project that shows this

TextFindExample.atp5 (2.0 KB)

Hi Vincent,

First at all, thank for your answer.

Then, i test and it isn’t exactly the resultat i want. In your exemple, you find the line but in the variable RESULTVAR, i have juste the word “example”. I need to have all the line (the result of the regex).

I continue my research and i find a solution :

1. I duplicate my file to have 2 same files (FileA / B.txt)
  2. I use the action “Text Find / Replace” in one of them to find my REGEX : ([^\r\n]example[^\r\n]) and Replace by nothing. So i have one file with all information, and one without my regex.
  3. I use a powershell script to compare two file and have the result of the difference :

Set-Location -Path “C:\YOUR\LOCATION”; $filebefore=“.\FileA.txt”; $file_after=“.\FileB.txt”
Compare-Object -PassThru -ReferenceObject (Get-Content $filebefore) -DifferenceObject (Get-Content $file_after) | Out-File “.\NoMatch.txt” -Append
4) I read NoMatch.txt and i have the result of ma research with the REGEX.

I’m not sure it’s the most efficiency but it’s working so i share for other.

Regex is so powerfull in automation. It’s a pity Automise can’t stock the result of the REGEX search. But anyway, i love this Tools !! So easy to automate a production environnement.

Thank for your help,

Pierrick

I just used the regex you provided in the example.

If you change the regex to

([^\r\n].*example.*[^\r\n])

it will give you the whole line.

Hello Vincent,

My Bad, You are right !! So easylier.

But i need to understand how does the result is stocked in the variable RESULTVAR. I don’t understand.
I see an icon near:

How do you do ? I check in all properties, i see nothing. What did i miss ?

Regards,

Pierrick

Each action has script events that you can fill out. To get to the script editor, highlight the action and then on the View menu, Script Editor (it’s a tab at the bottom alongside the Log etc).

(screenshot is from FinalBuilder which is based on the same code as Automise).

Ho ! I didn’t know this function. Thank a lot.