Out of memory when using delphi seattle in finalbuilder

Good afternoon

I have an application made in delphi seattle 32bits and when compiling with the delphi IDE works correctly, however when compiling using the finalbuilder 8 compiler using the same dcc32.exe it displays out of memory error.

The project is quite large.

What can I do to make the build with the finalbuilder work correctly?

Thank you.

Hi

You need to give us more information, like the actual error message, ie is the message coming from FinalBuilder, or from dcc32.exe ?

Which build of FinalBuilder 8.

Do you have live logging turned on (that can be a memory hog on large projects).

Good Morning,

Yes, I can provide you with all the information you need.

FB Version: 8.0.0.1937

Error Message: Fatal: F2046 Out of memory.

We are using a build with Delphi 10 Seattle

There is no information on the theme: "Do you have live logging turned on (that can be a memory hog on large projects). ".

Thank you.

That error is coming from the delphi command line compiler. There’s not really anything we can specifically do, as we just spawn the process and wait for it to complete. My guess is this is a bug in the command line compiler.

That said, there are some things you can do.

1) Make sure you are running on a 64 bit version of windows, as that give each 32bit process it’s own 2GB address space.
2) If you are running from the FinalBuilder IDE, ensure that Live Logging is turned off on the build log view, as that can use a lot of memory on large builds.
3) Reduce hints and warnings in your code, as they add to the log output and the process footprint.
4) Use the FBCMD console version of FinalBuilder, as it uses less memory and is generally faster.

Good Morning

Yes, the windows version is 64-bit.

The build log is disabled.

We remove all project warnings.

We are already using the compilation through the FBCMD.

Even though the compilation by the delphi IDE works correctly and in the finalbuilder the out of memory happens.

I did a search and found that using the fix pack helps in this out of memory problem, how do I use the fix pack in finalbuilder?

Thank you.