Map Drive to SharePoint doc library?

Currently we are using Automise to map a drive to a network share. IT would like us to map to a Sharepoint doc library instead. Can we use the Map Network Drive action to do this? If so, what would be the syntax for doing that?

We don’t have access to sharepoint to test this, however from what I can tell the map drive action should be able to do this. There are some things you need to do on the client machine to make this possible, this post covers it

Ignore the part about using powershell to do the mapping

In the Map Network Drive action, set the Share Path to something like this

\\poshlab2.sharepoint.com@SSL\sites\ITOps

1 Like

I realize this is a while later…but we are unable to change the Trusted Sites values on our machines, so I am unable to implement that solution.

Have any other Automise solutions for connecting to Sharepoint presented themselves since last October?

Hi Jonathan

I haven’t found another easy way to do this.

The common suggestion I see is to use Sync - but that requires a browser session logged in - which is not really an option here.

Another option we are exploring is microsoft graph api… but this is a massive api, so there is no way we can expose all of it in Automise, so we’ll need look at use cases.

Can you tell us more about your use case with sharepoint?

Thank you for getting back to me. Our company is moving a lot of the networked files to Sharepoint sites, and wants to create data in Sharepoint rather than putting CSV files on the network as it did previously. One process I have been asked to create would place the file resulting from an Automise project into a Sharepoint location instead of in a mapped network location. While right now the need is to place files into Sharepoint locations, I can see a need down the line to be able to get files from Sharepoint as well.