Main repository for configurations with multiple repositories

Hi,

we are using two Git repositories for the same configuration. Our main repository provides the source code for the build process while the second repository provides the files for automated testing. As the views for activity and history of the configuration is only able to show a single branch name assigned to a build, ContinuaCI randomly chooses which branch name is shown in the activity and history views. We would like ContinuaCI to always show the branch name from our code repository.

A feature to mark the priority of the repositories or something similar would be greatly appreciated in order to show the branch name from the most important repository.

Kind regards

Kay Zumbusch

Hi Kay,

If a build is triggered then the branch of the trigerring changeset is shown first, otherwise the branch with the latest change is shown first. You've probably noticed that the other branch names are shown when you mouse over the first one.

We have discussed adding option to specify the main repository before, primarily to automate branch mapping display on the Queue Options dialog. It's on our to-do list and is something that we would hope to implement in the short term.

Hi Dave,

thanks for the info but we think that it's not true that the branch with the latests changeset is shown first. Our secondary repository was not updated for over a week and even on builds that are triggered by a commit on the main repository the secondary's branch is listed first. We already knew that all branches are shown hovering over the branch column but here are times when multiple builds are run at the same time and it is quite annoying that you cannot easily see which branch is used. We are looking forward to get the main repo flag in the future.

Kind regards

Kay Zumbusch

Hi Kay,

That's odd, I just ran a series of tests with some simple git repositories and the order of branches on the Activity and History views came out as expected. Which version of Continua CI are you running? Can you check that the dates on the build changesets on the Changes tab of the Build view are correct? Also check that the correct triggerring changeset is marked with a star? The issue may be related to the topographical ordering of git commits - is it possible that the head commit in the git graph on one branch has an earlier committer date than the head commit on another branch which is actually lower in the commit graph?

hi Dave,

sorry that I did not respond earlier. I totally forgot about this thread. I was remined by a colleague who came up with the issue.

I checked some builds from the history and I still see the wrong branch in the lists. I’ve set up a repository trigger on our main repository (MailStoreGit) to run a build for every checkin to any develop branch (Filter-Regex: ^[a-z]+/develop$$). As you can see from the screen shot the changes include four commits from the main repository and a single commit from the secondary repository. The changes from the main repository are marked with the star as you mentioned. But in the history list the branch name for the secondary branch is shown although the latest commit to the main repository is the latest commit over all and is also the trigger branch.

We really do not need the secondary repository shown in the list and it would be great to have one repository markes as main or something similar.

We are still using ContinuaCI 1.8.1.692.

With kind regards

Kay Zumbusch

Hi Kay,

Please update to the latest version. The branch ordering on the view has now been updated and should now show the triggering branch first.