LDAP integration

I’ve followed the help page, set the Authentication mode on IIS8 to Windows, changed the CI config file to use LDAP with a line like this …

authentication mode=“LDAP” fqdn=“ad.company.org” administratorsGroup=“Developers” groupsContainer=“OU=Security,OU=Groups,OU=Main,DC=ad,DC=company,DC=org”

Then restarted both IIS and the CI service.
When I load the webpage I get a banner “Continua CI service is initialising…” but the page never completes.

The server log file shows these entries …
[12:11:40.806 ERROR] [T8] [Ldap Synchronizer: Retrieve] Error connecting to Active Directory. Ldap groups and users cannot be updated until the connection is restored. Domain ‘ad.company.org’. Groups container: OU=Security,OU=Groups,OU=Main,DC=ad,DC=company,DC=org. The following error occurred: The user name or password is incorrect.

[12:11:40.815 ERROR] [T8] [LDAP Synchroniser] An exception was encountered while synchronizing LDAP:
System.Exception: Cannot connect to Active Directory. Please check Continua’s connection to the Domain Controller.

I can ping the AD machine

Hi David,

I suspect this is a permission issue. Can you check that the user account which the Continua CI Service service is logged in as is a member of the ad.company.org domain and has permission to query groups and users on that domain?

1 Like

Thx for that fast reply - I will contact our infrastructure team and ask them to check

Just to confirm that the server was running under a local service account. It is now running under an AD account and the LDAP integration works fine. Great support thanks. :star_struck:

1 Like