Irratic failure of Copy File(s) Method

Copying files : f:\builds\ProjectComponents\Installer Support\CE\eWiFiDriver\English\P300Driver\Media\Disk\Package\P300DriverSetup.exe -> R:\Build Daily\02-29\eWiFiDriver\Engineering Builds\eWIFiDriver_DB3.0.17.5\Install\WM\Socket_P300_3.0.17.5.exe
Failed to copy File : f:\builds\ProjectComponents\Installer Support\CE\eWiFiDriver\English\P300Driver\Media\Disk\Package\P300DriverSetup.exe -> R:\Build Daily\02-29\eWiFiDriver\Engineering Builds\eWIFiDriver_DB3.0.17.5\Install\WM\Socket_P300_3.0.17.5.exe
Win32 Error : The system cannot find the path specified
0 Files Copied.

I am getting this error infrequently on about a dozen scripts.   The funny thing is that the Copy File(s) method has the Force Directories checked, overwrite Read Only Files, and Fail if Zero Files Affected checked.  And if I rerun the script it works no errors.  But the next day it will fail on another Copy. Addition details even though I doubt it matters is that the f drive is local and the R drive is on the network.     

Hi David,

Thanks for your post, sorry to hear you’re having problems.

The intermittent nature of the problem makes me think that it may be to do with something else in your system interfering with Automise. Do you run any virus scanner or similar software?

An easy workaround for this is to use the “Retry Count” feature on the Runtime tab of the action to retry the operation multiple times before failing outright. This should bypass the intermittent failures.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful. If you can think of any factors which will help us reproduce this here, please let us know.

Regards,

Angus

I'll try that.  Thanks. 

-- David. 

It turned out that the daily wiping of the harddrive with the complete uploading of the database was causing disk fragmentation.  Which was the source of the copy errors apparently.  So I now implemented at daily disk defrag at midnight. 

Thanks for your help.