Http request notification publish

At the moment we have several notifications:

1. E-mail in case one of the builds fails. This is intended for our developers so the can take action and is configured on the root level (notifications).
2. Slack notifications in case a deployment stage has been successfully completed. This is intended for our testers / users and is configured per configuration (because of the stage, etc).

Now we would like to add slack integration on the broken build as well (because devs don’t read their emails, me included). However, I am not really interested in going trough all 120 configurations to update them with a new notification (this would literally take a full day to click through this without options to automate).

A great solution would be to add a new publisher type: webhook.

This allows the same fine-grained control with projects (as source) and groups (specific developer teams). Then I can post to slack (or whenever we move to ms teams, it could become teams). I tried playing with XMPP but I can’t get it to work with slack.

Hi Geert,

We’ve been working on a complete rewrite of the notifications architecture to allow multiple publisher plugins and have added some new plugin types on top of this including one for Slack (with options for using web hook or web API). This is planned to be included in the 2.0 release with some other features once we can finish them all off and complete testing.

This does not include a more generic web hook publisher, but we may look into adding one at some stage afterwards.