Hide never used action

While it is fine that FinalBuilder supports 20 different source control systems, I suppose usually at most one or two of those are used by any developer at a time. The rest just clutters the action list without ever beeing used.  The same is true for other action categories like “Help compilers”, “PDF” and such.
There should be options for each FB project to hide unsused action categories. This would really tidy up the long list… 

Hi Frank,

Great suggestion and I will add it to our feature requests in our tracking software.

To make sure we are aiming in the right direction I would like to clarify how you see this working in the IDE. Would the user right click an action to actively “hide” it, or should the system detected how often something is used and hide the least used in the list?

With the action search feature (top of the action panel), should anything be hidden in the search? Current behaviour is to present everything which matches the search term as its what the user has asked for.

Hi Jason,

many thanks for adding this to your to-do list!

Personally I hate most of those “favorite” orderings like “personal menus” and such. The items constantly shift position and are never there where there were the last time. So in the end I search more :wink:

Hiding a category or a single action on right click sounds very good to me! 
When doing a search I would present all matching actions, but would “gray out” any hidden actions to distinguish them from “normal” actions (and present an opportunity to unhide them).
And I would place a right click option somewhere (maybe in the empty space of the actions list) to also show all hidden actions.