Get TFS history problem

Hi,

I try to get my TFS history from FinaleBuilder 8 (trial) and I could not get it work reliably. I have done this action

Reset Variable TFS_HISTORY to default
   -> Team Fondation History write to variable TFS_HISTORY
       ->write to text file c:\history.txt

If I righ click on Reset Variable and ‘run selected Action and child’ all is working. But If I select my target and run it, The history keep growing as all the old history command is happended to the TFS_HISTORY variable. I can see this in the variable watch tab.

What can I do to have the correct behaviour ?

Regards

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

This sounds like there is something wrong with the resetting of the internal state of the TFS action or the variable. I will check this out today and get back to you with a fix.

Hi Jonathan,

The following build correctly resets the internals of the TFS History action. Previously when running inside the target it was not correctly resetting its internal state and storing the console output from the previous run.

http://downloads.finalbuilder.com/downloads/finalbuilder/800/FB800_2029.exe

Hi,

This have resolve the problem with the variable reset. 

I have another problem with the unicode of the output of the history action. 

I have attached 2 files. One is comming from the pipe on command line and the other is comming from the action history + action file write. 

You should find the diff bettween both are the french encoded char é converted to teta symbol. 

Is it possible to have the french char saved to the file with the file write action ?

Regards

Jonathan__40155__0__files.zip (601 B)

Hi Jonathan Dumaresq,

We have found that the default encoding being returned for the system is not being used by TFS history call. Hence we are converting the text incorrectly. We are looking at a way to resolve this and not break other command line calls which use other encodings. We should have something for you in the very near future.

Hi Jonathan,

We have updated FinalBuilder to set the correct code page when dealing with TFS History calls.

http://downloads.finalbuilder.com/downloads/finalbuilder/800/FB800_2066.exe

I have tested the french string that you were having issues with and all is working at our end. Please let me know if the changes also work for you.

Hi,

The history is now well written in the variables !. The remaining problem is that I could not save it correctly. When I save the variable with the write text file action, the result in the file is not correct. I got the Teta(T) symbol instead of é symbol.  If I write the content from a run script action (in python in my case) the file is OK.

Regards

Jonathan 

Hi Jonathan Dumaresq,

In testing here you should be able to write the variable out to a text file using the “Write to Text File” action. This action allows you to set the encoding of the text file. I chose ANSI, and the text “Ajouté un délai de 250 ms par alarme” was written correctly.

HI,

Yes I confirm that this is working now. I probably forget to restart my test editor and the encoding was not correct in my editor. 

Now it’s looks ok

thanx

Jonathan

Hi,

I’m having this problem today in Finalbuilder 7 - is there a fix available for that version or do I need to move to FB8?

(Finalbuilder 7 version = 7.0.0.3486)

Thanks!

Sorry - when I say “this problem” I mean as per first post in this thread:

The history keep growing as all the old history command is happended to the TFS_HISTORY variable. I can see this in the variable watch tab.

Sorry but FinalBuilder 7 is no longer supported, it was superceeded by FinalBuilder 8 nearly 3 years ago and we no longer apply bug fixes to 7.