Error About VMWare Server 2 When Attempting to Use VMWare Workstation

new project. Single action. “VMWare - List Virtual Machines”. The only change to the default setting is to set Host Type to “VMWare Workstation” (which defaults to VMWare Server 2).

Once the action is added there is a Validation Error “WMWare Server 2 Option: the path to VMRun.exe has not been specified.”

I ain’t using Server 2. And yes, I have set up the options for “VMWare Options” | “Path to VMWare Installation” to point to “C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation” which is where Workstation is installed and where wmrun.exe resides.

ALSO

On the “List Options” for the VMWare - List Virtual Machine action, should that be “List all virtual machines.” instead of “List all running virtual machines.”? Because that would make more sense, since the only other option is “List only running virtual machines” which means the same this as “List all running virtual machines” when there are no filtering options.

Hi

To use the VMWare VIX actions you will need to specify the path to vmrun.exe on ‘VMWare Server 2 Options’ page (alternatively just click the validation error which will present the options page). The ‘VMWare Options’ page is used for the VMWare Workstation actions.

As for the the List Options issue, this is a simple type on the label of the action. I will put a fix in for this and post a build shortly.

Regards,
Steve

Hi

Here is the build with the changes to the list options labels:
http://www.automise.com/downloads/automise/300/at300_918.exe

Regards,
Steve