Custom template not used for configurations

Hi,

i have configured custom templates and two subscriptions. One for the project and another for a configuration of that project. I get notified for both of them. The project does use the custom template. The configuration does use the default template though. Looks like a bug to me.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

We cannot reproduce this in our tests. Can you check that the notification with the default template is the same “notification type” as the one with the customised template? Otherwise, please let us know which notification type is this happening for, so we can investigate further?

Hi Dave,

this is my configuration.

Subscription "admin"

• group “admins”
  • source “myproject”
  • Notification “Build Failed”, “Build Success”

Subscription "master"

• group “testers”
  • source “myproject:config master”
  • Notification “Build success”

The admin group does have one member. The testers group does have one member, though the member is different than the admin.

When a build fails, i want the admin to be notified.
When a build succeeds, i want the admin and the tester to be notified.

Do you need other information than that?

Thomas

Your setup appears to be correct. Which user gets an incorrect notification template and for which notification type?

group “testers”

Build Success

It is the subscription for the “myproject:myconfiguration” that uses the default template.

Did you customise both the plain text and the html templates for the Build Success notification type? Maybe the ‘admins’ group user has “Receive email in HTML format” set differently in user preferences to the ‘testers’ group user?

I only edited the HTML version.

How do i check the “Receive email in HTML format” setting?

Hi Dave,

you are correct. My fault. The message received by the “testers” is plain text.

Is it possible to configure sending mail as HTML?

Thomas

The “Receive email in HTML format” is on the user preferences page, under each user’s profile. It’s initially set by the user on the Welcome page when registering. It’s unticked by default. There’s no global override. We recommend that you edit both template formats as some users prefer not to receive html emails.

I see :slight_smile:

I have configured users, who usually don’t log in to ContinuaCI. I have configured them, just to be able to send notifications. Those people won’t ever see their user’s profile. A setting in the user settings would allow me, as an admin, to set an appropriate default. However, this has its own implications. For example it is not possible to configure any options for LDAP users.

As for the plain text templates i will wait, until the first user asks for editing them :wink:

I don’t think there is further action required.

Thanks Dave for your help :slight_smile:

Thomas