Create ZIP File ignores "Exclude Files"

Hi,I am trying to create a script that packs my source code, uploads it via ftp and updates my co-workers via e-mail.Generally speaking - it works - with the exception that it seems to be ignoring the “Exclude Files” option of the create zip - I want to avoid including the exe files, dcus, archives etc… - but it seems like they are always there.Any ideas if this is a real bug or if I am doing something wrong?

Hi Ron,

I’m unable to reproduce the problem here. How are you specifying the files to exclude? There should be one file mask per line.

Regards,
Paul

I think I am doing it all right. See the attachments for the action definition and the result that clearly shows that a *.exe is created.

zipaction1.jpg

zipaction3.jpg

Hi Ron,

Are you sure you’re not editing an existing zip file that already might have those other files in it?

We haven’t been able to reproduce the problem here, so if you could send us (email to support) a little demo project that shows the behaviour then we should be able to track it down.

cheers,
tate.

I am pretty sure this is the case - as I create the files once a day and even if I am delete the file and run just the specific action - the same behavior is displayed.

I will prepare a small project and mail it tomorrow.

Hi Ron,

Thanks for sending the test project. The cause of the problem is having a space after the excludes, just remove the space and it will properly exclude the file. We’ve put a fix in for future builds.

Regards,
Paul