CPU Spike for custom actions

I wrote some simple custom actions and when I run them, the CPU spikes to 100% for the duration of the call. I tried several different actions and they all spike to 100%. I assume this is due to some interop calls for Interop.FB40CustomActionInterfaces.dll.

Since we will be running this in production environments that need high availability, I don’t think this will work for us. Are there any fixes coming that patch this performance issue?

Posted By Craig Daniel on 06 Jun 2006 5:37 PM
I wrote some simple custom actions and when I run them, the CPU spikes to 100% for the duration of the call. I tried several different actions and they all spike to 100%. I assume this is due to some interop calls for Interop.FB40CustomActionInterfaces.dll.

Since we will be running this in production environments that need high availability, I don't think this will work for us. Are there any fixes coming that patch this performance issue?

I'm not aware of any general performance issues with .NET based custom actions. I do sometimes see a slight delay when the assembly is loaded (it's only loaded when needed). Please contact support with (if possible) the source code to your action so we can try to reproduce the issue here.