Continua not seeing merges with local branches

We have noticed one rather big annoyance when working with Continua.

Whenever the latest commit in a branch is a merge with another local branch it does not show up as a changeset in Continua. When the merge is done with a remote branch it works just fine. 

We are able to work around this by just doing another commit to the branch. Then it will show up just fine.

Since i can’t seem to edit my original post:
I am talking about git branches.

Thanks for the report, we’ll look into it.

Can you describe your setup? What is the continua repo pointing to, a remote repo or a local clone of one? Are the merges fast-forward merges? If that’s the case then at the moment we are not able to detect those as git doesn’t create a commit for them, and it’s proving very difficult to detect them.

Our flow is to call git fetch, and then use the output of that with git log to find changes. Neither git fetch or git log shows any fast forward merges.

BTW, a workaround for the fast forward issue is to use --no-ff when merging.

Note that there is also a Git config option merge.ff. This can be set to false to make --no-ff the default when merging. See http://git-scm.com/docs/git-config

The repo is pointing to a remote repository on a Windows share. And we don’t do fast-forward merges.

Are you able to reproduce this with a simple test repository? If so can you provide the steps you follow. So far the only time we do not see the merge is when they are fast forwards.

I have not been able to reproduce this error in a test repository. However there seems to be a general problem with our main repo as it is no longer limited to merges and none of its recent changesets show up anymore.
Deleting the repository from Continua and readding it seems to have fixed that.