A new version of Continua CI has been released and is available from Continua CI Downloads. The latest stable version of Continua is 18.104.22.1687.
Changes in v22.214.171.1247
- Feature: Updates to Set Variable action to allow update of server variables from build process.
- New options to update server variables, e.g. Configuration, Project or Application variables.
- New options to keep a write lock on a server variable until the end of the build or stage.
- Ability to wait for a write lock on server variable by another build to be released.
- Feature: Added “replace with regular expression” option to Set Variable action to allow replacement of parts of the variable value which match a pattern.
- Feature: New Load Variable action which can be used to load the current value of Configuration, Project and Application variables into a build variable.
- Feature: New Acquire Variable Lock action which can be used to acquire a write lock on Configuration, Project and Application variables until the end of the build or stage.
- Feature: New Release Variable Lock action which can be used to release a write lock on Configuration, Project and Application variables acquired by the current build.
- Feature: New Load Build Variable build event handler which can be used to load a build variable with the current value of the corresponding server variable when specific events happen in the build timeline.
- Feature: Added new custom load messages ‘setServerVariable’, ‘loadVariable’, ‘acquireVariableLock’ and ‘releaseVariableLock’ and updated ‘setVariable’ (now named ‘setBuildVariable’) message parameters.
- Update: The bundled PostgreSQL database service has been upgraded to version 16.0.
Note that upgrading the major version number of PostgreSQL requires a full backup and restore of the databases. This will be performed automatically during installation and can take several minutes for large databases.
- Update: Replaced SSH components and updated SSH server settings to only allow secure ciphers and to pass ssh-audit tests.
- Update: Added new server property Server.RepositoryTrigger.QuietPeriodInSeconds.Default for specifying the default repository trigger quiet period.
- Update: The DotNet Test action now accepts an assembly as the test file.
- Update: Performance improvements to database queries run when resetting repositories.
- Update: Added new property collectors for dotnet runtime v6.0.21, v6.0.22, v7.0.10, v7.0.11, v8.0.0-preview.7 and v8.0.0-rc.1; and sdk v6.0.413, v6.0.414, v7.0.302, v7.0.400, v7.0.401, v8.0.100-preview.7 and v8.0.100-rc.1.
- Fix: The “Log files which match pattern” option for the 7-Zip Create action was not working.
- Fix: Removed duplicate ReportGenerator property collectors which were created on server restart.
- Fix: Action messages are now expanded with correct values when under iteration for a looping action.
- Updates to some third party packages.
Note: You will need to update your agents after upgrading the server to this build.