A new version of Continua CI has been uploaded and is available from Continua CI Downloads. The latest stable version of Continua is 22.214.171.1243.
Changes in 126.96.36.1993
- Fix: Repositories are now automatically reset when the ‘Checkout files to workspace’ option is changed from unchecked to checked. This was causing an issue with Subversion repositories where subsequent changesets would contain no files, regardless of the ‘Checkout files to workspace’ option
- Update: Added preliminary support for Visual Studio 2019
- Update: Where a multi-line text area represents a list of items, any variables and expressions are now expanded before splitting the text into lines. Previously, a variable containing a list of files path separated by newlines, would be treated as one single invalid file path
- Update: Improved performance of database query for calculating previous stage duration where users with a large number of builds and many repositories would get a timeout error
- Update: Removed redundant servicePort attribute (duplicate of port attribute) from server configuration file
- Update: Removed empty and redundant Environment tab from the Transform Configuration File action
- Update: Some third party packages have been updated to latest version including critical updates to PostgreSql database driver
New Version 1.9 Features
The notifications architecture has been redesigned to allow new publisher types and multiple publishers of each type. You can, for example, now have more than one Email publisher configured - each for a different email service or sender address.
A renewed plug-in framework has allowed us to add new publisher types for HipChat, Stash and Stride. The XMPP publisher type has also been updated to support rooms.
The notification queue has also been revamped to let each publisher send messages, with limited concurrency, without block other publishers. Notification queue statistics are presented on the Publishers page in the Administration area.
See the Notifications documentation for further details on this feature.
We’re now targeting .Net Framework 4.7.2. As well as providing us with a better foundation on which to base new features, this has allowed us to update many of our third party components. This includes updates to NHibernate (ORM) and Npgsql (postgresql database driver) which provides significant performance gains.
The web tier has now been upgraded from MVC4 to MVC5.
This version removes support for Windows Server 2003R2, changing our minimum supported OS to Windows Server 2008R2.
Note that we have also dropped support for 32-bit Windows in this version. This is to simplify our build and installation process.
This version also builds upon all the fixes and improvements in version 1.8.1. Any further bug fixes and improvements on version 1.8.1 will be merged into version 1.9
Note: You will need to update your agents after upgrading the server to this build.