A new version of Continua CI has been uploaded and is available from Continua CI Downloads. The latest stable version of Continua is 188.8.131.52.
Changes in 184.108.40.206
- Fix: An error with Git repositories when updating submodules using the latest git client after switching branches.
- Fix: A Git repository branch could be was missed if there was only one changeset on the branch and the same changeset commit was tagged on another branch.
- Fix: A few cross-browser issues with the keystrokes used for the the expression autocomplete were found and corrected.
- Update: Added changeset exclude patterns to repository triggers. These can be used to prevent a build triggering for a changeset based on its comment or the presence of certain file changes.
- Update: The reason that a discard condition was not met, or a queued condition was met, is now logged to the build timeline. Previously only the opposite condition results were logged.
- Update: Added the expression $Build.IssueIds$. This expands to a comma-delimited list of any issue ids linked to changesets associated with the build.
- Update: Added ConfigId and ConfigurationUrlById variables to build and configuration notification templates. These allow you to link to configuration pages without being dependent on name changes
- Update: 32-bit agent is now available to download from the agents page under administration again.
- Update: Some third party package updated to latest version
Note: You will need to update your agents after upgrading the server to this build.
New Version 1.9 Features
The notifications architecture has been redesigned to allow new publisher types and multiple publishers of each type. You can, for example, now have more than one Email publisher configured - each for a different email service or sender address.
A renewed plug-in framework has allowed us to add new publisher types for HipChat, Stash and Stride. The XMPP publisher type has also been updated to support rooms.
The notification queue has also been revamped to let each publisher send messages, with limited concurrency, without block other publishers. Notification queue statistics are presented on the Publishers page in the Administration area.
See the Notifications documentation for further details on this feature.
We’re now targeting .Net Framework 4.7.2. As well as providing us with a better foundation on which to base new features, this has allowed us to update many of our third party components. This includes updates to NHibernate (ORM) and Npgsql (postgresql database driver) which provides significant performance gains.
The web tier has now been upgraded from MVC4 to MVC5.
This version removes support for Windows Server 2003R2, changing our minimum supported OS to Windows Server 2008R2.
Note that we have also dropped support for 32-bit Windows in this version. This is to simplify our build and installation process.
This version also builds upon all the fixes and improvements in version 1.8.1. Any further bug fixes and improvements on version 1.8.1 will be merged into version 1.9