Compile Scripts

I would like to see the ability to have a compiled script that would generate a stand-alone .EXE.

Maybe you would need to create a run-time only version and compile the script into it…

Hi Robert,

Yep, it’s on the todo list but it’ll be some time before we get this done probably. It’s a pretty big task and lots of technical hurdles to jump over (eg. type libraries, external packages, etc…)

cheers,
tate.

I completely understand! Just curious - would this be a 2.x addition or a future major update?

It’s more likely to be a 3.x :slight_smile:

Has any progress been made with this?

It would be great to be able to either encrypt a script or compile it as a means to protect the intellectual property of the code...

TJ

Hi TJ

Unfortunately the architecture of Automise makes it unlikely that this will happen (too many external dependencies). Encrypting scripts is possible and we’ll be adding that in AT4.

Thanks for the update Vincent, will the encryption fully protect the script and it's logs (as the logs pretty much tell the entire story of the script...)?

TJ

Can I add to the list when an encrypted script is opened/run that no action details are displayed and only status messages (or similar, developer intented feedback) are shown (not only in the GUI mode, but the AtCmd/Command line mode). As an add-on to that, perhaps allow the user to add a variable or change a variable default that would allow a "debug password" to work, so you could have a user/client enter the code to see some/all log entries... Which I suppose also begs the question, will the log be encrypted also?

Thanks for a great product, TJ