Cannot Set password with Active Directory Create User

I can create a user without any issues unless I try to set a password in the Create User action. If I set the password fields I get an error
Failed to set properties of new user: Permission denied
(No user account was created)

I am using Automize 4.0.0.174
The script is running on a Windows 2008/R2 server.

Any help would be appreciated.

I tested this here and it worked as expected. My guess is you either do not have permission to set the password, or the password didn’t meet the password policy requirements and the error message (which comes from activedirectory) is not very descriptive.

I can use the Server Manager to create the user with a particular password with no problems.  If I try to create a user through Automise I cannot create it if I have any password at all in the password and confirm password fields.  If they are blank it creates the user with no problems.  I cannot user Server manager to create a user with a blank password as that is not allowed by the server password rules.

I suspect perhaps UAC is in play here. Try running Automise as Administrator (right click on it and select Run as Administrator).

Running as administrator appears to have fixed the issue.

Since I was running the action using the Administrator user name on the Credentials tab I did not expect that UAC would be an issue especially since I was able to create the account without a password.

Windows can be fun sometimes Thank you for your help.