Automise 5 upgrade

We are currently running Automise 4.

Is Automise 5 an in place upgrade to Automise 4?  Will installing Automise 5 allow the legacy Automise 4 install to run concurrently on the same machine?

Thanks

Jim

The answer to both questions is yes. You can install Automise 5 next to Automise 4. Automise 5 will automatically upgrade any Automise 4, 3, 2, or 1 projects that it opens. After the upgrade you will able to resave the project as a Automise 5 project, leaving the original in place.

Is there anything you can do to keep the scheduled tasks and move them to Automise 5? I have over 150 jobs run and don’t want to have to recreated the schedule manually…

Andy

Hi Matthew,

I would suggest writing an Automise script to remove and add the scheduled tasks. This also means you will have a method of creating the tasks when the machine needs to be restored from backup. Automise has a delete Scheduled Task and Add Scheduled Task action. I suggest you go one, by one through the list of tasks you have. You might also be able to locate a Powershell script that can give you all the details of the tasks in xml or json to make the process simpler and verifiable.