Amazon S3 Bucket TLS 1.2 or Above

FinalBuilder was unable to do an upload to my S3 Bucket this morning. This was the message:

Upload end failed with [Amazon S3 will stop supporting TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 connections. Please update your client to use TLS version 1.2 or above. To learn more and to update your client, see TLS 1.2 to become the minimum TLS protocol level for all AWS API endpoints | AWS Security Blog. For further assistance, contact AWS support.].

Is there a way to set the version of TLS that is used by FinalBuilder for S3?

Thanks.

= Steve

Hi Steve

I believe it should use TLS 1.2 automatically if the machine supports it and the version of the .net framework installed supports it.

What version of FinalBuilder and windows are you using?

In any event, there is an update to the sdk that we can take, I will do that today an upload a new build to test with.

Hi Vincent,

I’m using Windows 10 and, I must admit, an older version of FinalBuilder (8.0.0.2701).

I’ll check out that document. I’m manually uploading the files at the moment using S3 Browser and that is working fine - not sure if it uses the .net framework though.

Thanks.

= Steve

I just tested with the current version of FinalBuilder (8.8.8.3237) and it worked fine.

Hi Vincent,

Ok. Must be because I’m using an older version. I’ll have to upgrade.

Thanks for your help!

= Steve

Hi Vincent,

The latest version of FinalBuilder I can find online is 8.0.0.3127.

I can’t find 8.8.8.3273 anywhere.

Regards,

= Steve

Sorry that was a typo - the latest version is 8.0.0.3273

Ah, no worries. I installed 8.0.0.3127 and the Amazon S3 uploads are working fine now. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help.

= Steve