ADO Execute Stored Proc - Parameter / Variable Annoyance

First off I seem to remember having intellisense for input parameter variables within the ado execute stored proc action - could be wrong, but it should be there…

Also when adding in params in the ado execute stored proc action and you use F2 to select the param, the param input value field is filled out as expected, if you use the scroll bar before exiting the field the param you selected is lost/cleared and you have to go through the process again, this time selecting another fild before scrolling…

TJ

Hi Tim

I just noticed that this topic wasn’t responded too, not sure why.

As of “intellisense” in the parameters grid, unfortunately that’s not possible at the moment. We have yet to find a grid control that we are able to hook the variablesense (intellisense is a ms trademark!) It’s something that bugs me a lot (since I wrote the variablesense code) and still on the todo list. It will probably involve modifying a third party control… so some serious R&D is needed, possible finding another more usable control.

The issue with the scrollbar is an issue with the grid control… if you do not tab off the edit field the selection is lost. We have code to deal with closing the dialog but not the scroll bar. I’ll log this as a bug for investigation.