Add an option in [Build VS.Net Solution]: restore AssemblyInfo.cs after compile

the action [Build VS.Net Solution] will modify AssemblyInfo.cs and create AssemblyInfo.cs.bak

I hope to restore AssemblyInfo.cs after the action is completed.

1. add a option in action [Build VS.Net Solution]

2. add a action [restore AssemblyInfo.cs for Build VS.Net Solution]

Generally I use a source control repository and have my final builder project retrieve the code to an independent location before running all the Final Builder project actions. This makes sure I have all the required parts in an Archive file, so if I want to rebuild from the actual code for that version I can.

Alternatively if you were using Continua CI server, it would do all the assemblyinfo manipulation independently of your development codebase. It’s super cool product.

Hi Jamie,

In automated script, I do the same thing as you suggested.
But there are some script that I run manually, I don’t want to make the script unnecessary complex.

Since you don’t want to add this feature, I have to write my own code to accomplish it.

Hehe Sunchao, I don’t work for Vsoft Technologies. Final builder and continua are great products IMHO.

Over the years I’ve found they just keep improving the software actions, so you end up refactoring your projects and simplifying the CI processes. It’s the one area of the software process that I really enjoy, thanks to Final Builder.

With respect to the script complexity, have you had a look at the “Include Project action” to simplify the process. I’ve found that I can use variables and include project actions to make fairly generic templates for most of my software projects. I’ve almost got to the point that I just copy and paste actions and each projects standardised variables just slot in.

Hi Jamie,

Sorry for my mistake.
I started using Final Builder in 2005.
“Include Project action” is used in my script too, which likes a function in programming language.

Final builder is a handy tool to check out source code, update version & compile, create installer…