1.8.1.739 Commit trigger not using correct mappings on cloned configuration

Hi All,

I’ve got a cloned configuration with a commit trigger. This commit trigger does not have ‘Override repository branch mappings’ checked. When the trigger starts a build, it’s not using the correct the branch mappings for other repositories in the configuration (that were setup on the ‘Repositories’ tab in the configuration). If I had to guess, it looks like it’s using the branch mappings from the configuration it was originally cloned from.

I don’t think it’s unique to 1.8.1.739 - I think it has happened in a couple of builds prior (I’m not sure exactly when it started). I’m not even sure it’s the cloning that’s done it, but it’s the only unusual thing I can think of about this config.

When queuing a build manually the mappings are correct; it looks like only the trigger builds are having the problem. Is there something I’ve possibly overlooked when cloning or somewhere else in the config?

Cheers

Joel

Hi Joel

It does sound like a bug, we’ll look into it.

Sorry to bug you again but any update on this? Still experiencing this in 1.8.1.760. Triggered builds are still using incorrect mappings while manually started builds are using the correct ones.

Sorry, I missed this when was away on leave. Will look into it today.

Hi Joel,

I’ve not been able to reproduce this issue.

Can you post full details of the repository settings, mappings and trigger settings or send them to support@finalbuilder.com?

Note that with “override repository branch mappings” not checked, the build will use the branch defined for each repository in the configuration repository mappings of the triggering repository. If these are not defined then it will use the default branch defined in the configuration repository mappings for each repository. Otherwise it will use the default branch set in the repository settings.

Thanks Dave - I think I messed up reading field hints again. Mappings for the repository inside the configuration only apply to ‘manually’ started builds. I’ve gone into each trigger and applied the same mappings and all is as expected. Reading your comments again I guess I could also setup mappings for each triggering branch, which I will do in the future as it seems easier to maintain. We often have situations where we are maintaining 2 major versions of a project that require different repository mappings across 20+ repositories.

Sorry again for the trouble.