Expression does not get expanded in Queuing Dialog

Hi,

when manually queuing i want to show the version of the build that will be used for this build. I created a configuration variable "Buildversion" of type Text, prompt type Text. As the default value i set "$Build.Version$". However when i queue the build, the dialog opens and presents "$Build.Version$" as the value. It does not get expanded.

The hint to the control mentions:

"Currently query expressions will be expanded when the build is started, before any Queue Options dialog is shown. Prompts will be prepopulated with the expanded value."

My understanding is, that the value should be expanded. Am i wrong or is this indeed a bug?

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

The Build expression object is not included in the list of expressions which expanded in variable default values. When you type the $, the dropdown suggestions list should show the list of expressions objects which are available - see the image below.

As the build has not yet started, we cannot expand build variables when the prompt is displayed.

Hi Dave,

as you have suggested i tried $Configuration.LastBuild$ as an example. It does not get populated. What does get expanded is $Configuration.Name$.

The hint "before any Queue Options dialog is shown. Prompts will be prepopulated with the expanded value." can be missleading, as not all expression will work.

Anyway, the issue is answered to me. Thanks.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

We can confirm that $Configuration.LastBuild$ and some other $Configuration$ expressions in the suggestions list for variable default values do not get expanded in the current version. This has been rectified for the next release.

I confirm more expressions are working now, such as $Configuration.LastBuild$. Thanks!

Thomas