Workspace Sync does not respect casing

Hi,

I’ve got a build which performs stages on different agents. I noticed that at some point the file names of some items in the workspace were all being converted to lower case. It seems this happens when these are first synced back to the server moving from the first to the second stage on my configuration.

If I turn on logging to view what files are synced from agent back to the server you can clearly see they’re being converted from their original upper case version in bold to be all lower case. Even the directory names (Output) are converted to lower case.

Agent To Server Workspace Sync   12:18 12:26 8 minutes Success
Started syncing files from the agent to the server.
Workspace Syncing
Using SSH Transport.
/ < /Output**
output\mysoftware\etc\bin\mysoftware.exe <- D:\CI_AWS\Ws\2165<strong>Output\MySoftware\etc\bin\MySoftware.exe 
output<span>mysoftware\etc\bin\mysoftwaretests.exe <- D:\CI_AWS\Ws\2165<strong>Output<span>MySoftware\etc\bin<span>MySoftwareTests.exe

When the files are then synced at a later stage to the second agent they’re of course synced in their lower case format which causes issues for us. The first agent still contains the files in the Output dir with their original casing and it appears continua doesn’t overwrite them which is why you might not see this issue if your build simply runs on the 1 agent.

This is happening in version 1.8.1.58

Regards,
Sean

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your report. We have confirmed this is a bug when using SSH and have implemented a fix for the next version which we plan to release in the next couple of days. 

No worries. Thanks for that.

I’m confused though. I’m looking for how to temporarily or perhaps permanently disable SSH and I found this page - http://wiki.finalbuilder.com/display/continua/Networking+and+Security

It states “Note that a UNC share will perform significantly faster than SSH If the server and all the agents are within the same domain”

What does that mean? I can’t find information of how to tell continua to use a UNC share instead of SSH. I have a feeling this is going to have something to do with the 8 minutes it’s taking to sync these files as well.

Can you point me in the direction of some documentation or otherwise that explains the options?

Hi Sean

It sounds like your agent is not able to access the server’s Data Share folder -see this page for info :

http://wiki.finalbuilder.com/display/continua/Server+Data+Share

If the data share folder is not accessable then Continua falls back to ssh, which is not a fast but works across domains etc.

That’ll do it!

From 8 minutes to 11 seconds and directory/file names are all correct now.

Sorry, from what I had read, it sounded like it was optional to use either the UNC or SSH as opposed to it being handled programatically by Continua.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,
Sean

Hi Sean

That’s a great result