Orphan folders

I’ve done a quick research on our server directory on a specific project.
i turns out that 28 directories (ids) in the filesystem do not exist in the database anymore.

however this happened (early bugs, currupt builds, …) i am not sure how you fix those folders. is there any logic that cleans up directories of non existing builds?
or is there anything planned?

Hi Christian,

The Continua clean up routine is currently implemented so that is doesn’t remove a build from the database, if the workspace still exists. Versions earlier than v1.5.0.338 (Oct. 2014) would still remove the build from the database if there was an error cleaning up the workspace, and earlier versions allowed the database to be cleaned up independantly from the workspace. 

If the folders are more recent than the date version  v1.5.0.338 or later was first installed, then we need to look into this further. Otherwise, if you delete the folders manually now you should not need to do so again in the future. 

We would rather not automatically delete any folders in the workspace which do not match a build id in the database in case someone has copied an important folder there for some reason (perhaps unintentionally or temporarily). If the clean-up code works as designed, we should not end up with any more orphan folders to deal with.

Hi Dave, those builds were from 2014 Q4, so the version stuff you subscribe seems to be valid (not checked yet).
Howeverm may it would be a nice feature for the dashboard so have some stats about used diskspace for repositories, workspaces, … so i do not have to login to the build server to see this. just a thought.

btw: please please provide a link to the forum within the email notifications would be much easier to reply then if i subscribed it.