Changes from Git not detected? Or configuration issue

Hi

Not sure if this should be in the bug forum or here, since I ain’t sure if it is just something I am doing wrong. I just started using this software and now run into a problem.

It seems as if Continua does not detect changes from merges with local branches in Git? I read some older issues/forum posts but did not quite find these to be the same thing. The merges are done without fastforward, and one can see the merge and it’s associated commits in GitHub, and locally using git log. However the commits are not detected as a change in Continua, not even when building the project manually instead of relying on the trigger that is not triggering.

So:

1. Create commit on GitHub (for example update README from website)
2. Create commit locally on your machine, note: no pulling in between.
3. Pull changes, creating a merge commit: "Merged remote tracking branch ‘origin/master’"
4. Push changes, and these 2 commits wont show up in Continua.

Then when creating another commit from anywhere without a merge, it will show up in Continua, but not the one that was created in step #2.

Is this something I am doing wrong?
Version: 1.6.0.292

Hi Walliski,

Thank you for reporting this. I’ve just done some testing following your steps and did not get the same result ( the changes were picked up by Continua).

To help us to investigate further, please can you send us your full repository settings. The easiest way to do this is by downloading a diagnostics report from the link on the event log page. This will also list errors in the event log which may also help.

Could you also let us know which version of Git you are using by typing “git version” until a command prompt or git bash shell?

If you could additionally enable debug logging and restart the server before reproducing the issue, the debug log will generally allow us to find the cause of the issue quickly. Email this, along with the above information to support@finalbuilder.com.

Hmm

We updated Git on the server from 1.9.4 to 1.9.5, and now it seems to work. I’ll come back to you in case the problem reappears.

Thanks for your time anyways

//Walliski

Posted By Walliski on 05 Aug 2015 07:37 AM
Hmm

We updated Git on the server from 1.9.4 to 1.9.5, and now it seems to work. I'll come back to you in case the problem reappears.

Thanks for your time anyways

//Walliski

Just kidding. Still broken. I'll send you the files.