Accessing chaged files in repository

Hi VSoft,

I have a repository containing, let us say, about 10 files. If I change one of them and make a commit I would like to know which file changed on the agent. I would like to do a couple of actios on them before starting other actions.
How can I achieve this?
Regards,
Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Unfortunately there is currently no way to do this in Continua. We only expose the list of changeset files for the template notifications. 

The next version 1.7 which will soon be released as beta will optionally write build details including changesets and files to an XML file before running a PowerShell, FinalBuilder, Execute Program or Execute DOS Command action. You could then write a script or program to iterate through these files.

We have also talked about implementing a Iterator action in the future to allow you to loop through collections such as repositories, changesets and files, although I’m afraid its a bit low in priority at the moment.

1. The reason why I’m asking is this: I need to start one build for each file in a directory so I tried adding them to a separate repository, one at a time. Like:
    1. Add the first file to the repository
    2. Hg add
    3. Hg commit… (my build starts running)
    4. Hg remove…
    5. Hg commit… (my build starts running again :-(  )
    With this method I’m ending up triggering twice as many times as I need.
    I tried to use the tags but I can't get Continus to not trigger the commits so I’m ending up getting trigger for the commits and for the added tags.
    What I need is some kind of a “for each file in a directory -> start a Continua build”-loop.
  2. regards,
  3. Pierre

Hi Pierre,

The latest beta version 1.7 just released allows you to trigger only when a changeset contains specific change types (e.g. addition, deletion, modification). You can download it here. Further information on new features here