Showing Author for a git commit

Hi,

we noticed today that for a given commit in out git repository Continua will always show the committer as the associated user.
But for us it would be more useful to see the author or ideally both.

Would it be possible to add the commit’s author to the changes overview in Continua?

Regards,
Christoph

Interestingly the notifications seem to show different information depending on whether they are sent as Plain or HTML mails.
The plain version contains the same commit twice. Once with the author as the user and once with the committer.
The HTML version only shows it once with the committer.

Both versions use a similar pattern for the branches. It looks like this for the plain version.
{% for change in ChangeSets %}
{{ change.RepositoryName }} / {{ change.Branch }} / {{ change.RepositoryUserName }} / {{ change.Comment }}
{% endfor %}

The one for html is basically identical except for some additional formatting.

Hi Christoph,

We always get the committer name using the %cn git log format placeholder and never get the author name. Also, the same data is sent to both notification templates types. Are both notifications responding to the same event on the same build? 

I suspect that the reason you have two changesets with the same comment and different committer names is due to some history rewriting e.g. rebase. Are there two separate changeset ids and commit dates listed on the Changesets tab for the build? 

I’ll add a task to our to-do list to include the author name for the changeset. We need to look into how we can do this without affecting other repository types - as far as I know Git is the only one which separates the author from the committer. 

Yes, we had a feature branch that was rebased on its updated parent branch.
The same commit is listed twice on the Changes tab with different IDs and dates.

I also checked the notification mails again and both versions list identical changesets. Sorry for the confusion.